Inspired Finance Manager for Volunteer Role in Central African Republic (CAR)
Are you an adventurous, outgoing, French-speaking accountant? If so we would like to hear from you...
AfID is looking for an excellent volunteer finance manager for a role based in Bangui, CAR. Our partner, an international children’s charity, is helping those who have felt the effects of neighbouring country conflicts, including D.R. Congo, Sudan and Chad.
There is not much media interest in CAR therefore funding is harder to attain. The need for assistance is dire as CAR is one of the least developed countries in the world and has some of the lowest income and school attendance rates.
Applicants foremost must be fluent in French and English. In addition applicants must have:
• Full CCAB qualification
• At least 4 years first-hand experience of financial management and reporting
• Experienced in financial capacity building for both finance & non-finance personnel
• Familiar with a range of computerised accounts packages (preferably including Quick Books)
• Highly experienced and competent user of MS Excel and other MS Office packages
• A results oriented and problem solving approach to work and challenges
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships, particularly in multi-cultural environments.
• Eligible to work in CAR and travel to the UK
Benefits of the role:
The role will be a 12 month volunteer contract. You will be entitled to return flights from where you live, via London, to Bangui for an induction. In addition you will receive a per diem of $20 to cover food and private expenses.
Over the course of the 12 months you will receive a £1000 travel allowance, or one round-trip flight from the country of posting to home-country.
You will also receive an R&R allowance of 5 working days every 3 months, with travel expenses reimbursed up to the cost of Bangui – Douala (Cameroon) return. R&R must be taken in an approved ‘safe’ location.
You will also receive 30 days annual leave per annum, necessary pre-departure medical expenses covered, private medical insurance, emergency medical and travel insurance and shared accommodation.
Please note that overseas assignments, in this case CAR, will incur a placement fee as per the AfID Structured Volunteer Programme fee scale (see website for more details)
For more information please email email@example.com or call +44(0)2087417000